Sunday 16 October 2011

New Amazon Kindle

I don't know about you, but the increasing cost of living over the last couple of years have made it much harder for me to indulge in my favourite past-time, reading. I'm a voracious reader and go through at least a book a week, and it all adds up. Then when you throw in the increased pressures of working longer hours and using more public transport, buying paper books and carrying them around can be yet another inconvenience... but it's one we don't have to put up with any more.



I never thought I'd go for an e-book, or electronic book reader. To me they all seemed too expensive, and  I hated the idea of reading from a screen. I was shocked to find the Amazon Kindle changed all that for me. First the price: A Kindle costs just £89.00, including delivery! That's just a couple of hardback books, and when you consider that the average price of an ebook is around £5, if you read as much as I do, it'll pay for itself in no time just in savings on books.

Those book savings should be enough to justify the initial outlay for the Kindle, but it's the reading experience that really makes it worthwhile for me. The Amazon Kindle doesn't have a screen like a laptop or phone - it uses really ink, which means it looks very similar to paper, and you can read for hours without eye-strain, and there is no glare, even in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment